IMPORTANT ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
The Binfield 10K route takes runners out of the village up to the north of the parish along some of our prettiest rural roads and then back right through the village centre, along Terrace Road North and South and then around residential areas to come to the finish at Foxley Field.
There are several roads affected by road closures. These are:
· Benetfeld Road is the START of the run. A road closure will be in place from 9.55am until 10.15am.
· Forest Road roundabout connecting Benetfeld Road and Wicks Green will also close to allow the runners to cross safely – this will impact between approximately 10.00am to 10.15am.
· The B3018 (Church Lane) to Howe Lane will be closed to all traffic both directions between the Terrace Road North junction and the junction with Howe Lane. This will be in place from approximately 10.10am to 10.40am. Diverted traffic will be along Forest Road/Maidenhead Road or via Shurlock Row/Straight Mile
· Howe Lane will be open to traffic travelling towards Maidenhead but closed to traffic travelling towards Binfield beyond the Westley Mill/Bottle Lane junction; approximate timings 10.15am to 10.40am
· Bottle Lane will be open to traffic travelling towards Moss End on Maidenhead Road but closed to traffic travelling from Maidenhead Road towards Howe Lane.
· Terrace Road North will be closed to traffic in both directions between the Stevenson Drive/Tilehurst Lane roundabout to the village centre roundabout. This will be between 10.20am to 11.30am approximately.
· The diversion for Terrace Road North is to use Tilehurst Lane > York Road > Forest Road.
· Terrace Road South between the village centre roundabout to the Foxley Lane junction (opposite the Daruchini Brasserie) will be closed to traffic heading North; approximate timings 10.20am to 11.20am.
· The diversion for Terrace Road South (coming up Forest Road from Stag & Hounds) is to use Forest Road > straight over roundabouts > Forest Road > Foxley Lane
· The diversion for Terrace Road South (coming from Forest Road near Oakmede Place) will be Forest Road > Binfield Road > Temple Way
· North bound traffic will be directed along Foxley Lane > Forest Road.
During the whole event we will have traffic management teams in key locations to keep the village moving as well as runners safe to cross in appropriate places. Where routes are not closed runners will be running on pavements or towards traffic and usual Highway Code rules should be observed by both runners and drivers (and any other road users)
If you would like to find out more or have any concerns that you would like to raise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.