Thanks for entering the Binfield 10k, we can’t wait to see you on the day! It’s not long to go now and were sure you’re going to have a great day. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the final details below:
Timings for the day
8:00am – Registration and Information point opens at Foxley Fields. Here you can collect your runners bibs and safety pins. There is also a medical section on the back of the bib – please take the time to complete this before you run.
8:00am – Bag drop opens. This is located within the Parish Office and bags will be secure here for the duration of the run.
09:40 – Warm Up with Alex Bartlem from The HIIT Hub.
09:50 – Please make your way to the start area. Please take note of the timings and line up in the section that you expect to complete the race. Remember the race is chip timed so your race time will only begin from when you cross the start line.
10:00 – Race starts – PROMPTLY!
11:15 – Prize ceremony – its worth hanging around for this as we have various prizes and spot prizes, all kindly donated by local businesses
12:00noon – Race officially closes
At midday all support will be withdrawn. If you are still participating at that time, please feel free to carry on but please note that we are no longer insured after 12noon.
Parking is limited so if you can walk, please do!!! If you do need to drive, free parking is available at Newbold College (St Marks Road, Binfield, Popeswood, Bracknell, RG42 4AN). Parking is also available at Oakmede shops, Kings Academy school (Forest Road overflow and Wood Lane school car park). There will be no parking available at Foxley Fields.
Toilets are available within Binfield Primary School next to the start area. There are ample toilets but please allow plenty of time as there will probably be queues!! There is also a disabled toilet and baby change facilities in the Parish Office.
At the Start
The start and finish will be on Foxley Fields. There are also toilets, refreshments, first aid and help available here together with the Registration Desk and main information point.
- Key busy roads will be closed but where they are not, please run on the pavements where possible.
- There will be Marshals stationed all the way around to help. For your own safety and the safety of all others, you must obey instructions and directions from the marshals
- Kilometre markers will be positioned throughout the route.
- 5 key water stations will be available to you during the race at spaced intervals.
- If it is a very hot day, please take water on board as and when it is offered.
- There will be a lead car kindly provided by McEvoy and Rowley and a sweeper car at the back
- We also have Pacers who will be running at 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70 minutes. They will be clearly identified with bright yellow caps and yellow bibs.
Please check the route map and familiarise yourself with the course. It will all be clearly marked and marshalled on the day but it’s worth being aware of that in advance.
Your race time will be recorded through our chip timing company Rogue Racers. If you go to their van at the end of the run, you will receive printed confirmation of your time which will also be updated live on the website. You will also receive an online certificate which you can print out and keep as a record of your achievement.
Access to our last event’s stats can be found here:
This years results will appear here after the race:
After the Race
Medals, bananas and a snack bar will be available once you have completed the race. We have decided against goody bags due to environmental concerns. A BBQ, ice cream stand and sweet stall will be available on Foxley Fields so please stay and cheer on those runners behind you! The Foxes Den will also be open for teas, coffees, cakes, and alcoholic beverages.
Water will be available at all times, both before, during and after the race. We will provide eco friendly cups but please bring your own water bottle and use that if you can.
We will have a bouncy castle for kids plus a drinks and sweets stall along with a penalty shoot out competition. Any lost children should report to the Information point.
Health and well-being
First Aid will be provided by Berkshire Lowlands Search and Rescue. They will be situated on Foxley Fields and on the route. If there are any issues during the race, please contact the nearest marshal.
- Only run if you feel well. It is recommended that you don’t run if you have a virus, fever or injury.
- Please don’t run with headphones as this could compromise your safety. Not all roads are closed so traffic awareness is really important as is the presence of your fellow runners. We are also NOT INSURED for any incidents that occur whilst wearing headphones.
- Take care when crossing roads. Remember that it is a road race – please adhere to the rules of the Highway Code at all times. There may be some uneven surfaces and ups and downs on to pavements. Please take extra care when necessary. The final few metres of the race is on grass which could be wet and slippery depending on weather conditions.
- We have closed roads where we can, and road safety measures will be in force. However, please remember that there will be cars in some places and so please stay safe and take extra care when on the roads or the pavements.
- If you see a runner in trouble or injured, please stop to help if you can, or if not possible then please inform the next marshal of the situation so they can assist or call for first aid, if possible tell them the injured runner’s number and give as much detail of the circumstances as you can.
- If you decide to withdraw from the race part way round, please report to the nearest marshal to inform them.
- The course is not suitable for wheelchairs, prams, pushchairs, novelty acts or other wheeled vehicles.
- No dogs, following cycles, alcohol or tobacco allowed.
- Runners and spectators attend, participate and spectate at their own risk entirely.
- Use sun cream if we are lucky with the weather. Consider whether you need sun glasses.
- Take advantage of the water stations and stay hydrated.
- Bring a warm, waterproof jacket for afterwards
- Please respect our beautiful village and be thoughtful about litter and local residents
If for any reason we are forced to cancel the event we will put full details on our website so please check back here before you leave.
Once again, thank you so much for entering! We are really looking forward to the fifth Binfield 10k and hope you enjoy it!