STOP PRESS — STOP PRESS — STOP PRESS — STOP PRESS — STOP PRESS
Binfield 10K REVISED ROAD CLOSURES due to emergency road works on Terrace Road South
Unfortunately we have had to make some last minute changes to our Road Closures and traffic diversions, due to the emergency works on Terrace Road South. As a result:
Terrace Road South will now be closed in both directions between 10.20am and 11.20am approx which is a change from the previous information.
As a result, the following additional diversions will take place:
Traffic heading WEST on Forest Road (up the hill) from the Stag and Hounds will only be able to head straight over the first and second roundabout on Forest Road, heading towards Wokingham and then turn left onto Foxley Lane to head onto Terrace Road South.
Traffic heading East on Forest Road (down the hill toward the Stag & Hounds) will head straight on ONLY and turn right at Binfield Road, then right onto Temple Way.
Traffic heading North on Terrace Road South must either do a U-turn at the junction with Foxley Lane and head towards Popeswood Road, left on Temple Road, left onto Binfield Road and left onto Forest Road; OR turn left along Foxley Lane and rejoin Forest Road. (no change to previous year)
Roads Affected by this additional closure – Cressex Close, Primrose Lane, Chapel Lane, Roebuck Estate, Foxley Lane, Murrell Hill Lane
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience – as always we have tried to keep closures to an absolute minimum and we appreciate your support and patience.
There will be many road closures in places during the morning of the race. Please note that they will be kept to an absolute minimum, however, you will be affected if you are driving around the village. Please take the time to read the road closures listed below so that you will be inconvenienced as little as possible.
- The whole of Benetfeld will be closed from 9.50am until 10.15 as this is where the race starts.
- Terrace Road North will be closed between the Stevenson Drive/Tilehurst Lane roundabout to the village centre roundabout in both directions; approximate timings 10.20am to 11.30am
- Terrace Road South between the village centre roundabout to the Foxley Lane junction (opposite the Daruchini brasserie) – this road will be closed to all Northbound traffic; approximate timings 10.20am to 11.30am.
- The B3018 (Church Lane) to Howe Lane will be closed to all traffic both directions between the Terrace Road North junction and the junction with Howe Lane. This will be in place from approximately 10.10am to 10.40am
- Howe Lane will be open to traffic travelling towards Maidenhead but not to traffic travelling toward Binfield beyond the Westley Mill/Bottle Lane junction; approximate timings 10.15am to 10.40am
- During the whole event we will have traffic management teams in key locations to keep the village moving as well as runners safe to cross in appropriate places.